Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Quote Day


I decided to write about this quote because it hit me close to home. In the past, I have had arguments or debates about things trying to prove a point or prove something. Usually the point is to prove that person wrong. What I have learned especially with being a new mom and wife, that really it isn't about being right all the time.

The truth is, is that everyone is going to have an opinion. Nobody is right or wrong so that debate is one you will never win!

Sometimes people get so caught up in being right all the time, that they forget everyone is entitled to their own opinion and their way is likely not the only way. I know I am guilty of this, as well as probably every other person on this earth. But before thinking you are right all the time, take time to listen. Take time to really hear what the other person is saying. You may actually learn a valuable lesson from it.

A while back I had a post on my Facebook about a dress code violation at this students school and she was kicked out of the dance for exposing her shoulders. I was completely livid about this. To think that my daughter could be shamed one day for showing off her shoulders was appalling to me. I proceeded to comment about how angry it made me, and never once had an open mind to anyone else opinion.

Not only do I very much regret posting such strong opinions on my social media page, but I didn't give anyone else very much room to feel like they had a right to their opinion. Sometimes I am too proud. This quote has really opened my eyes to the fact that not everyone thinks the way I do. And yes I may not agree with their opinion or life decisions, it is not my place to judge and I really should consider being more open minded.

I hope after reading this you all think a little bit harder before trying to "Prove someone wrong" or think "My way is the only way" that you realize there is always two sides to every story and you should really try and have more of an open mind towards all people.

Thank you for reading. I hope you're enjoying my blogs!

1 comment:

  1. It would be nice if you and Brandon read this again and put it in place and use it when you continue to judge me. This should give you a different perspective to why you are keeping Silverlynn from me. I love my grand daughter almost as much as I love my children and I have only seen her twice. She has never met my parents, her great grand parents and she is almost one year old.

    ReplyDelete