Monday, September 7, 2015

New Chapters

   As some of you know, I have had the amazing blessing of staying at home with my beautiful daughter for the first year of her life. It has been a incredible journey, watching her grow and learn and become my little best friend. If I could, I would stay home with her longer. But when life throws you lemons, you make lemonade.

     Financially it makes more sense right now for her to go to Daycare. Which I swore I would never do. I am definitely not fond of the idea of someone else raising my child, and ultimately putting her life in someone elses hands but my own. However, this really is a positive thing! My mama bear just wants to hold and protect her completely for longer.

Ever since the beginning I have been the most protective mom. I don't honestly care what anyone thinks about it. She is my child, and I as her Mother do know best. Everyone always says nothing can prepare you for motherhood, and I do think that that is true. But for different reasons then most would think.

Noone prepares you for,

The heartache you feel when your baby is hurt for the first time, and any time.

The way your heart aches but is also overjoyed by watching her grow and grow everyday.

Realizing the little moments are precious and cherishing them is a bigger deal than you know.

When the day comes that you have to let them off into the world and worry every single second.

The people who will question everything you do as a mother, even though you do know what is best for your child.

How some days you will be completely frustrated and irritable but you wouldn't trade a single thing or ask for it any other way because it's all a blessing, even the hard stuff.

How everday will feel like Christmas morning, and how you'll also not even remember what life was like without your child in it.

Nothing can prepare how much more love your heart can hold for your baby. It's a love that no matter how many times described still can't be completely captured. Because it is that powerful.

Being a mother and being able to stay home with my daughter has been such a blessing and learning lesson and I am so incredibly lucky. I am lucky to have my husband and beautiful smart daughter. Going into this new chapter, I need to look back and embrace all of the good, even though my heart aches to leave her, she is going to learn and grow so much. I love you more and more each day.

Here's to us Moms! ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment